White moomiyo (mumie, shilajit), better known as stone oil, is a natural product which founds in the cracks as well as on the walls of caves and grottos. This is a mineral alum which includes magnesium sulphates and salt. It is formed as a result of the rock leaching.
The stone oil has richest mineral content therefore it is often called the source of longevity and the cure for everything. It is a widely used in folk medicine of Tibet, China, Siberia and Mongolia.
This unique substance has a complex restorative and healing effect on the human organism and also has positive influence for all the bodily processes.
The stone oil may be in the form of small stones or a powder. It may have white, grey, yellowish, red or brown color depending on concentration of zinc.
It has been discovered that the healing compound consists of about 70 components (magnesium, calcium, sodium, potassium, phosphorus, iron, manganese, zinc, copper, silicon, chrome, selenium, iodine, cobalt, nickel etc).
Concentration of these mineral elements in the content of the stone oil is very high.
Applications in medicine
The stone oil is very useful to prevent and treat the following diseases:
Diseases of the digestive system. The stone oil is good for diseases of a stomach, bowel, liver or gallbladder. Regular use of the stone oil helps to speed up the recovery of the stomach and bowel mucosa. It also has a choleretic effect and prevents the formation of stones in the liver (kidney) or gallstones.
Diseases of the urinary system (urolithic illness, cystitis, pyelocystitis, pyelonnephritis, urethritis etc).
Food poisoning (the stone oil helps to detoxify).
Dermatological diseases and skin damages as a result of injury (akne, seborrhea, psoriasis, ulcer, burn, insect bites and other problems). The stone oil has an anti-inflammatory effect and helps to speed up the regeneration of the skin.
Diseases and injuries of the musculoskeletal system and related neurological conditions. Use of the stone oil both inside and externally shows a good result in the treatment of fractures, injuries, cricks, osteochondrosis, arthritis, sciatica etc.
Diseases of the cardiovascular system. By using of the stone oil the tone of blood vessels is raised but cholesterol is down thus decreasing of inflammation processes.
Disorders of the central and peripheral nervous system. Stone oil positively affects all the processes of the neural system.
Applying of the stone oil both internally and externally is very effective for treating of diseases of male or female reproductive system.
Proctologic diseases (hemorrhoids etc.)
Diseases of the respiratory system (pneumonia, bronchitis, bronchial asthma, all of tuberculosis forms), disorders of ENT (tonsillitis, sinusitis, otitus etc), mouth and teeth problems (caries, periodontosis, periodontitis, gingivitis, stomatitis), eye diseases (cataract etc.)
Iron-deficiency. Due to its mineral content, the stone oil has positive influence on the hematopoietic system. Under its influence the number of erythrocytes and a level of hemoglobin go up in the blood.
Oncologic diseases. It is reasonable to include this product in the general complex of measures which are used in cancer therapies (in the early stage).
Regular use of the stone oil is very useful:
- For patients with diabetes and obesity. The stone oil includes a lot of macro- and microelements to maintain a normal blood glucose level and play an important role in the producing insulin process.
- At times of high loads (physical, mental or psychological).
- During the rehabilitation periods after a surgery or disease.
- As a part of the prevention and treatment during the epidemic periods of influenza and other diseases.
- With limited macro- and microelements required for body’s functioning.
- For those who live and work in regions with a bad environmental situation and\or unfavorable climatic conditions.
Applications in cosmetology
This wonderful product has a truly miracle effect on the skin and hair.
It is ideal to the skin care since its balanced composition has an anti-age effect as well as contributes to smoothing out fine wrinkles and producing the collagen. Also the stone oil is very useful for skin problems as it has an anti-inflammatory effect. Oil’s active components normalize the sebaceous glands.
The stone oil is a widely used in the hair care too. Due to its richmineral content the stone oil improves the hair structure, stimulates growth of hair and prevents hair loss. Also it helps to recover natural hair color and prevent hair graying.
By the stone oil content includes calcium and many other useful microelements it is successfully used to strengthen nails.
The basic ways to use
For taking orally the stone oil is used in the form of a water solution: 3 grams of the powder should be dissolved in 2-3 liters of temperature boiled water. At the beginning of treatment it is a better to take just 1 gram of the substance on the same amount of water (for organism adaptation).
Application circuit is following: at first the solution is been used in the small doses – 2-3 tablespoons 3 times a day with food. After adaptation to it the solution can be taken as 200 ml (1 glass) 3 times a day 30 min before meals. The dosage and density of the solution should be increased gradually.
Standard treatment period is one month. Then after month break the course of treatment can be repeated if necessary.
The stone oil solution should be stored at room temperature away from light for a period not exceeding ten days.
Exterior stone oil solution can be used as skin irrigation, compresses, enema or syringing. For cosmetic purposes you can add dry powder of the stone oil to your skin & hair care products (cream, mask etc.).
Special instructions on the use
- It is always advisable to consult with a doctor before using of stone oil.
- Before and approximately every ten days during the treatment you should do blood (especially the clotting) and urine tests.
- Before and after treatment you should control your stomach acid level as well. If your stomach acid’s low use the stone oil with extreme care! You must use the stone oil in a more small dosage and at least one hour before eating.
- It is prohibited to take hormones, antibiotics or alcohol during taking the stone oil. Also you should limit the consumption of pork or duck, strong tea or coffee and a radish as well.
- Individual intolerance to components of the stone oil.
- Pregnancy and lactation periods.
- Children under 12 years of age.
- The stone oil has an active choleretic effect so it may harm if you have jaundice.
- If you are constipation it will be better for you to get out of the stone oil taking.
- If your blood clotting level is high; if you have thrombosis or thrombophlebitis.
- Heart defects, low blood pressure.
- Gallstone disease.
Storage terms and shelf life
The stone oil should be stored in the dry and cold place and protected from sun shines. Under these conditions the shelf life of the stone oil not limited.